Publishing office, approximately 15 - 20 hours/week.
Location: Sidney, BC
Anticipated Start Date: November 18, 2019 - or sooner if suitable applicant found
We publish Canada’s leading general-interest horse magazine and website, and offer marketing services to the horse industry. Our magazine and website have set the standard for quality, value and service to the horse industry since 1991.
Job Description & Skills Required:
We are seeking an efficient, detail-oriented individual to perform bookkeeping duties.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the financial records using Quickbooks desktop;
- Prepare invoices, handle accounts receivable/payable and bank deposits;
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliations;
- Payroll duties semi-monthly and prepare source deductions for CRA;
- Maintain and manage data for human resources;
- Prepare quarterly GST remittances;
- Prepare all financial, statistical, and accounting reports;
- Create custom reports as needed using Microsoft Excel;
- Prepare year-end financial statements to submit to the accountant for review;
- Other related duties as assigned or requested by the publisher.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
The successful applicant will have the following essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of five years bookkeeping experience spanning at least one full fiscal period;
- Education in bookkeeping and/or accounting;
- Experience using the Intuit QuickBooks program;
- Excellent data management skills;
- Experience and fluency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Good keyboarding skills, both speed and accuracy;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
If you are a positive self-starter who enjoys a busy work environment and can effectively self-supervise, multi-task and handle changing priorities, you will enjoy this position. You must be honest, responsible, good natured, care about quality and service, and always be willing to help in other areas as needed.
Knowledge of horses and the horse industry is an asset but not essential. You should enjoy dogs as an office dog is present.
Closing Date for Applications: November 12, 2019.
Your application MUST include a complete resume, a cover letter outlining your interest in this position and available date, and your salary expectations.
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 250-655-8913. No phone calls or drop-ins please.