By Jocelyn Adams
HCBC 40TH ANNIVERSARY PHOTO CONTEST
HCBC is Celebrating 40 Years and We Want to Share Your Photos!
We know you’ve got beautiful, funny, touching images of your time with your horses and we want to celebrate that! With 2020 not going according to anyone’s plan, we want to take this opportunity to celebrate our members.
We are giving away HCBC 40th Anniversary Prize Packs for the best photos in the following categories:
- On the Trail – Your best shots from BC trails
- Pony Tails Kids Club Shutterbug - Photographers 12 and under
- Coaches Corner – Your best shots of life as a coach or coaching in action
- Throwback – Shots from over the years, prizes could be awarded for the best photo for 40 years of Competition, Industry, Recreation, and Coaching
- Life with Horses – Open category
Winners will also be featured in the Fall/Winter edition of BC Equine Lifestyle Magazine.
The Contest will be judged by Orville Smith, Liz Saunders and Karen Swantje (two past HCBC presidents, and our current HCBC President).
- Contest closes September 13, 2020. Contest is open from 12:00am June 6, 2020 to 11:59pm September 13, 2020.
- HCBC supports and promotes the use of helmets while riding or driving, and your photo subjects must be wearing helmets if riding or driving.
- Any current member of Horse Council BC may enter.
- All photos to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with HCBC Photo Release Form.
- Full contest rules and details are available at www.hcbc.ca.
2020 CORE GRANT RECIPIENTS
Core funds are provincial funds targeted for events or projects that support sport growth and development. An approved event or project will be open to all qualified participants in your area, not just your club members. The event or project must support the goals of HCBC for developing sport within the province. Clubs are expected to charge participants reasonable registration fees. Money will be released only after a financial report, receipts, and an event summary are received by HCBC.
We are pleased to announce the 2020 Core Grant recipients by club name and project:
- BCHBC West Kootenay Chapter — Mountain Trail Pond
- Campbell Valley Equestrian Society — Show Jumping Arena Footing Improvement
- Kamloops Therapeutic Riding Association — Sensory Trail
- Kelowna Riding Club — Jump Shed
- Northern Saddle Club — Main Arena Repairs
- Prince George Horse Society — Indoor Arena Revitalization
- Southlands Riding Club — Synthetic Footing Arena Groomer Upgrade
- Vimy Western Riding Club — Concession Upgrade
HCBC EVENT DIRECTORY
We know this year hasn’t gone according to the plan, and we want to give BC clubs the opportunity to raise awareness about your educational events or schooling days on the HCBC Event Directory. Email email@example.com for more information.
Photo: Shutterstock/Rolf Dannenberg