Henry Equestrian Insurance Brokers
New EC Partnership & Improved Horse Insurance Packages
By Sarah Hansen, BRLS (Hons), Registered Insurance Broker
We are so excited to be able to share with you the news that Henry Equestrian Insurance Brokers has partnered with Equestrian Canada as their official insurance provider. With this partnership also comes a marketing partnership that includes our sponsorship of the Canadian Coaching Certification program, which we are thrilled to be a part of!
We are hoping that by partnering with Equestrian Canada we will be able to widen our spread of support to the equestrian community in Canada. Being involved in our industry is extremely important to us, not only from an insurance aspect but also as proactive members of the horse community. Some of our goals include providing educational resources to horse owners, increasing our knowledge of current trends and practices, and making our insurance products better and more easily accessible to Equestrian Canada members. In fact, we have already been able to make some significant improvements to our horse insurance packages.
The horse industry is constantly evolving and at Henry Equestrian Insurance Brokers it was time to reassess what our clients are really looking for in a horse insurance policy. Horses are travelling more and exposed to different diseases, and the cost of maintaining the health and care of our horses is at an all-time high. There have been advances in veterinary medicines and research, and numerous technologies and techniques are being used to keep our horses happy and healthy – therefore, more flexibility in your horse insurance is needed!
Improvements to Horse Insurance Policies
Effective October 1, 2016, the following improvements have been made to all of our horse insurance policies:
1. With respect to veterinary diagnostics under the Special Limits section of your policy, the claim cap will be removed from all instances where the diagnosis itself is covered and there is treatment available. If the diagnosis ends up being an ailment that the policy wouldn’t normally cover, the diagnostic limit has been increased from $1,500 to $2,500. We have also increased the shipping limit from $150 to $500 per claim. We are very excited to be able to offer these increases in coverage as we know that sometimes trying to figure out what’s wrong can be the most expensive part of a vet visit.
2. Previously our Agreed Value/Guaranteed Renewal endorsement had been combined as one coverage. Going forward we have separated the endorsement into two separate coverages to provide more flexibility and customization options to our customers.
3. We have also separated our World Wide coverage from our Air Trip Transit/World Wide/Berserk endorsement. It’s important to us to keep things as clear and concise as possible for you when you have a claim. We know you have more important things to worry about.
4. Do you own a horse trailer? If so, you’ll love this one! We have increased our coverage for physical damage to All Risk from Specified Perils, but left the premium and deductible exactly the same.
5. Going forward, all our policies will include a $1,000 limit ($500 deductible) for competition withdrawal - maintaining competition horses is expensive, and we have a coverage for that.
6. We will be including $2,500 for extra boarding expense coverage. This means that if your barn is badly damaged and you have to move your horse to a new facility during the repairs, we can help cover the additional expenses you may incur.
7. And last but not least, we have taken a page from our auto insurance textbooks and added an automatic extension onto your horse policy. Now when you purchase a new horse, he will automatically have the same coverage as your previous horse or the lowest common coverage if there are multiple horses on your existing policy, as long as you let us know within 48 hours of purchasing the new horse.
Looking for more information? We are always available to help. You can call our office at 1-800-565-4321, visit our website, find us on Social Media, or contact us through Equestrian Canada to take advantage of special member rates.
This information was contributed by Henry Equestrian Insurance Brokers Ltd.